The Head Swim Coach is responsible for the swim-related activities of the Club’s swim program, which may include swim instruction, program implementation and team coaching.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- At least two years previous experience as a swim instructor in progressively responsible positions.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass swim certification and any other required certifications for swim instructions as applicable.
- First Aid Certified and safety training certification required.
- Conduct regularly scheduled swim programs for the members for swim instruction, team competitions, and special social activities. All events must be coordinated with other Club functions and approved by the Sports Center Director and/or the General Manager.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe areas. Maintain and ensure that swim center policies and rules are followed throughout the facility.
- Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid.
- Maintains order in swimming areas.
- Communicate emergency and safety information to members and guests in a calm, clear professional manner by telephone or two-way radio in a calm, clear professional manner.
- Observe swimming performance of members/guests to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Coach members/guests either individually or in groups to demonstrate swimming techniques.