The Head Swim Team Coach oversees the operations of the Westfield YMCA Wave Swim Team. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA and USA competitive swimming program. Provides leadership to overall YMCA competitive swim program as well as part time coaches and volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Two to three years of coaching and leadership experience preferred.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills and be able to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents and coaches.
- Experience working with parents and program volunteers.
- Directs and supervises all competitive swimming program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Organization, administration, program development, promotion and daily operation of the swim team and other aquatic responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with Organization, administration, program development, promotion and daily operation of aquatics programs.
- Ensures compliance with state regulations and Y-USA standards for aquatics.
- Lifeguards and teaches swim lessons as assigned. Oversee and monitor lifeguards and swim instructors daily along with the aquatics director.
- Provide lifeguard breaks and coverage when needed
- Establishes new activities and expands current competitive program within the community in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ensures that program operates within program guideline as directed by state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Maintain a clean, safe environment for swim team participants.