Under the direction and supervisor of the Aquatics Director, responsible for the operation of the swim team including organizing, completing assigned tasks, communicating with parents, and working with swimmers. The Head Swim Team Coach must present an appearance and an image consistent with the Schenectady JCC. Must possess mature judgment and sound decision-making.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise swimmers during practices, meets and any other swim periods.
- Teach proper stroke techniques while coaching.
- Handles all swim meet preparation, including equipment set-up.
- Distributes awards.
- Leads daily practices.
- Creates line-ups for all swim meets.
- Assists with the preparation, operation and clean-up of home swim meets.
- Works with the assistant coaches on time management, practice structure, award distribution procedures, record keeping for swimmers, and overall aptitude for coaching.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be CPR certified or willing to get certified.
- Minimum one year coaching experience is preferred.