- Set up the facility and equipment, and store the equipment upon completion in addition to immediately notify a supervisor of any broken equipment or unsafe aspects of the pool.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Enforce aquatic rules and policies by maintaining constant surveillance of participants.
- Act as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or illness in the pool area and provide backup to lifeguards as needed in emergencies and crowd control. Report all injuries and complete required forms.
- Provide constant feedback to participants to facilitate improvement.
- Record and maintain attendance records.
- Complete all administration duties related to the team including enforcing payment of program fees under the direction of the Aquatic Director
- Overall responsibility for the scheduling of assistant coaches. Ensuring that there are an appropriate number of coaches as dictated by registration.
- ASCA Lvl 2 or Lvl 3 swim team coach.
- USA Swimming certified.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent with prior experience with competitive swimming experience.
- Must be proficient in swimming and safety skills.
- Must have ability to motivate and educate participants.
- Must be mentally capable to handle dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
- Must have daytime availability in the summer for practices and meets.
- Strong computer skills required.