- The Head Swim Team Coach must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
- Must have current Van Guard Training and CPR, First Aid, and AED certification before the first day of work.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written and telephone communication skills are required and the ability to provide a team-centric focus with the ability to foster a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Minimum of three or more years of experience in competitive swimming and Swim Team coaching experience is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and supervises swim team participants during practices, drills and swim meets.
- Observes swimmers during practice and meets to help determine the need for individual or team improvement.
- Establishes and maintains professionalism and good sportsmanship while supervising swimmers during practices and meets.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports as required by the DuPage Swim and Dive Conference rules.
- Promotes the growth and development of the Dolphins Swim Team.
- Directs and evaluates the work of the Assistant Swim Teach Coaches
- Attends regular meetings with the Assistant Swim Team Coach and the Aquatic & Facility Supervisor.
- Attends and participates in the DuPage Swim & Dive Conference Meetings.
- Works directly with the Itasca Dolphins Swim Team Parent Group to order needed swimmer uniforms, organize events, plan and host swim meets, provide team bonding, and more.