Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Swim Team Head Coach is responsible for providing a fun, safe, and positive swimming environment for the Metro Marlins Swim Team. The Swim Team Head Coach plans and executes a successful swim season while encouraging improvement within the various ages and ability levels and always maintains the highest safety standards.
- Recruit, supervise, schedule, train, evaluate, and mentor all swim team coaches.
- Supervise lifeguards & swim instructors when their immediate supervisor is not present.
- Establish and maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Plan and deliver fun, quality practice sessions appropriate to the ability of the children.
- Ensure all coaches are working effectively.
- Manage the logistics pertaining to those meets in which the team is participating.
- Ensure the safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment.
- Current certification as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, preferred.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.