This is a responsible position that requires working with students, faculty, administrators and parents in the implementation of the boys' swimming program. The work is under the direction of the Athletic Director and involves general overall responsibility for the total football program.
- Valid Illinois Teaching, School Administrator, Substitute Teaching, School Psychologist, School Counselor, School Social Worker Certificate, or ASEP or NFHS Certification
Knowledge of the sport.
- Previous successful coaching experience in assigned sports.
- Must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport in order to instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Directs and assumes general responsibility for the total swimming program.
- Demonstrates supervisory and organizational skills associated with the implementation of a quality program.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Demonstrates strong public relations skills.
- Motivates fellow coaches and student athletes by example.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and conducts a swimming program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game.
- Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.