The position will manage and oversee the swim team, in accordance with University of Pikeville, Mid-South Conference, and NAIA regulations. This position must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive NAIA program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes and supports the direction of the University.
- Management and supervision of athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, leadership, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Recruitment and Retention of Student-Athletes.
- Collaborate with faculty and key leaders on campus to support the academic success of student athletes.
- Participate in the recruitment and scouting process of all prospective swimmers.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting all practice sessions and games, both home and away.
- Oversee graduate assistant coaches, managers, volunteers, and work-study students to direct their duties.
- Manage and maintain all swim facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level is required.
- Recruiting experience is also required.
- Previous experience managing budgets is preferred.
- Familiarity with editing products and equipment is also preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have experience working with office equipment, e.g. computer, fax machine, copier, and telephone.