Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), district, state and school athletic codes, rules and philosophies.
- Monitor athlete class attendance, behavior and academic progress.
- Ensure quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written correspondence with the media.
- Teach sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Practice with clear objectives and goals including practice plans.
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Supervise and conduct practices and contests safely; supervise locker rooms and vehicles.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years old.
- High School Diploma and/or GED.