The Head Coach is responsible for administering all aspects of a competitive Division III program, adhering to the guidelines and expectations that are set forth from Pacific Lutheran University, the Northwest Conference and the NCAA.
- Plan season competition schedule and coordinate travel.
- Lead practices with assistance from an assistant coaching staff; instruct skill development and techniques.
- Support academic success through team meetings and individual check ins with student-athletes.
- Develop practice plans.
- Oversee and assist in holistic personal development of student-athletes.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience.
- CPR/First Aid certification required and may be obtained on the job.
- Valid driver’s license (Must have had a valid driver’s license for at least 2 years).
- Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks, including a driving abstract check, and pass PLU’s internal Driver’s Certification Training.