Under the general supervision of the Athletic Director, instructs student-athletes in the fundamentals of tennis, preparing them for competition. The head coach supervises and coordinates all levels of tennis and is responsible for coordinating all administrative, financial, and personnel aspects of the program.
- Administer and oversees all levels and functions of the tennis program.
- Develop and maintains a high-quality program founded on sound principles of tennis, strong team values, hard work, commitment, loyalty, honesty, respect, sportsmanship, all to the glory of Jesus.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by the staff.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities under school policies and applicable laws. Duties include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, coaching, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Approve time cards on schedule; assures assistant coaches comply with school payroll procedures and government wage and hour laws.
- Knowledge of the rules, principles, techniques, and safety procedures of tennis.
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design; instruction for individuals and groups.
- Measurement of training effects.
- Rules, by-laws, and policies of CIF, Trinity League, and Orange Lutheran High School.
- Human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, learning, and motivation.
- Principles involved in strategic planning, budgeting, and leadership techniques.
- The familiarity with personnel recruitment and training.