Responsible for implementing instruction in the assigned subject area(s) in a manner that fosters attainment of each student's maximum potential.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate or Teaching Certificate from out of state appropriate for position.
- Content exam and Science of Teaching Reading exam requirements met, if applicable.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Adhere to the district's philosophy of instruction. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities. Work cooperatively with special education teacher to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s). Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.