The Head Tennis Coach shall be responsible in carrying out the supervision and direction of the tennis program at Northwest MS Community College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Direct and supervise all aspects of the Northwest Mississippi Community College tennis program.
- Be knowledgeable of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Mississippi Association of Community Colleges Conference (MACCC) conference rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility, scholarships, recruiting, conduct of coaches, etc.
- Supervise and recruit student-athletes with integrity and with a professional attitude.
- Prepare and manage the annual operating budget for the tennis program.
- Purchase necessary equipment and apparel for the tennis team.
- Assist with the monitoring of student-athletes in dormitories and establishing regular curfew check schedules. Assist in ensuring out-of-state athletes have appropriate housing when dormitories are closed.
- Assist in ensuring that conduct of the student-athletes is of high standards on the campus and at all school related functions.
- Assure that all practices are designed and operated to provide quality instruction and conditioning.
- Make all travel arrangements for the tennis team and work with business office to adequately fill out purchase requisitions.
- Along with the academic athletic advisor, assure that the classroom performance and progress toward graduation of all student-athletes are monitored and are satisfactory.
Bachelor's Degree strong communication and leadership skills, demonstrated success and or record of championship coaching experience as head or assistant tennis coach at the high school, community college, or university level.