The Head Coach position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student athletes, assistant coaches and volunteers within the program. The Head Coach will instruct athletes in fundamental skills, mental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate the training, instruction, conditioning, and selection of athletes at all levels within the program.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics, and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of the overall program.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Verifies that all athletes have all forms and obligations cleared through the athletics department before athletes are allowed to practice.
- Advises the Athletics Director and recommends policy, method, or procedural changes.
- Assists the Athletics Director in hiring qualified staff as assistant coaches.
- Coordinates the activities and responsibilities of assistant coaches.
- Develops and organizes effective practices for athletes that teach skills and strategies needed to compete in our conference and UHSAA postseason play.
- Works with the Athletics Director to develop a schedule for practices (early/late every other week) and games during the season.
Education and Experience:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five years coaching experience at the Varsity level or playing at the Collegiate or Varsity level is preferred.
- NFHS coaching certificate is preferred.