Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and coaching instruction at a large public high school. Responsibilities may include supervising teams at varsity and junior varsity levels.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of tennis;
- Works with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills;
- Provides guidance and encouragement to help students profit from their participation;
- Maintain compliance of Chesterfield County Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs;
- Promotes a favorable image of the school district. Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs and services;
- Works with the athletic director to evaluate program needs;
- Promotes the proper use and care of school property.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to a positive environment.
- Working knowledge about athletic program regulations.
- Skillfully manages individual, group, and organizational interactions.
- Effectively uses verbal, nonverbal, writing, and listening skills.
- Averts problem situations and intervenes to resolve conflicts.
- Exercises self-control and perseverance when dealing with students.