The Head Tennis Coach provides leadership and organization for all phases of the operation of the men’s and women’s tennis programs at Roosevelt in compliance with all institutional, national athletic association and athletic conference rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years of experience as a coach, participant or related role.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to service excellence by embodying Roosevelt’s core values, mission, and vision in every aspect of the role working with students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- A positive and professional demeanor is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Normal climate-controlled office environment is provided. Job is largely sedentary, but there is a need to move about the office and buildings frequently. Occasional bending, stooping, lifting, pushing and/or pulling is required (typically less than 10 pounds of weight or pressure). Regular use of desktop computer is required, calling for frequent hand/wrist movement and repetition. Moderate level of stress. Occasional travel within the local or regional setting may be required.