Kentucky Wesleyan College, a private, liberal arts college with a long-standing reputation for quality and academic excellence, is seeking applications for a full-time, year-round Head Coach for Men’s and Women’s Tennis. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the coach is responsible for the coaching, leadership, and management of the tennis program. Kentucky Wesleyan College is an NCAA Division II institution and member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (G-MAC).
- Instructing student athletes in tennis as well as sport-related topics.
- Developing and following academic support plans for student athletes.
- Scheduling, organizing, and attending practices and competitions, including being responsible for game-management.
- Obtaining and maintaining the College’s squad size requirements.
- Managing the program and budget for tennis.
- Assisting with and participating in fundraising activities as requested.
- At least three years of tennis coaching experience. College-level experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of skills, techniques, and strategies of tennis.
- Effective interpersonal communication and relationship skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and enthusiastically with others.