1. Develops knowledge of and abides by current NJCAA, FCSAA, conference, and College rules and regulations regarding recruiting, eligibility and sport-specific rules concerning practice and playing seasons.
2. Develops and manages a recruiting plan. Corresponds with high school coaches, contacts prospective student-athletes, evaluates talent and meets with prospective students. Corresponds with four-year coaches and professional scouts to recruit student-athletes out of the program.
3. Maintains knowledge of current sport game rules and changes to those rules as they occur.
4. Teaches sports techniques, game rules, strategies and game tactics.
5. Plans, supervises, and conducts practices and conditions student-athletes appropriately to prepare for competition.
6. Develops strategies to motivate maximum individual and team athletic performance.
7. Subscribes and adheres to the NJCAA Coaches Code of Conduct. Ensures assistant coaches and student athletes demonstrate sportsmanship and citizenship while abiding by the State College of Florida, FCSAA, and NJCAA Code of conduct.
8. Provides for weekly monitoring of tennis college sanctioned housing and ensures that student-athletes abide by rules and regulations specific to college sanctioned housing. Assists volleyball coach with periodic monitoring of college sanctioned housing.
9. Counsels student-athletes, intramural students, club sports students and prospective student-athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
10. Monitors academic progress and eligibility status for tennis student-athletes, club sport participants, and intramural students. Takes proactive measures to support academic success.
11. Participates in department wide fundraising activities, provides support and guidance for Club Sports in their fundraising endeavors, and coordinates fundraising activities to support the tennis program.
12. Collaborates with the Assistant Director on tennis budget development and ensures the program remains within the budgetary guidelines.
13. Manages intramural student activities budget and prepares an annual proposal of expenses for consideration by the Student Activities Budget Request Committee.
14. Works with appropriate College personnel to communicate the accomplishments and endeavors of the team, both individuals and as a whole.
15. Assists Student Life with events and activities as directed by the Assistant Director.
16. Submits transportation requests and required travel documentation to the Director as required. Reviews transportation and meal arrangements prior to season and request changes if necessary.
17. Attends all tennis matches. Travels with team to all away games. Drives team vehicle to away games, as required.
18. Assumes supervisory control over all phases of team participation. Applies discipline in a firm and consistent manner in accordance with College policies and procedures. Conducts oneself in an ethical manner during practices and contests and demands appropriate behavior from all team personnel.
19. Submits recommendations to Assistant Director regarding schedule, facilities, support staff, budget, transportation and equipment.
20. Reviews equipment inventory and recommends new purchases. Prepares a list of equipment to be issued to student-athletes, intramural teams, and club sports. Tracks issuance and returns.
21. Evaluates new student interest surveys and develops intramural/club programs to specific to student interest to be offered on all three sites (Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, and Venice).
22. Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, supervises, hires, evaluates and leads assigned staff members and student workers.
23. Manages daily operations of intramural and club teams including assisting with scheduling, transportation, and administrative assistance.
24. Assists the Head Coach Basketball/Athletic Coordinator with game operations during basketball season and as directed by Assistant Director.
25. Supervises daily operations of the Bradenton campus weight room; including scheduling or open weight room activities, purchases, maintenance, and repair of equipment; and supervision of student workers.
26. Facilitates the distribution and collection of books issued to student-athletes through the Books on Loan program
27. Other duties as assigned.
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.