Under the general direction of the Director of Tennis, this individual is responsible for developing, managing, promoting and implementing new adult and junior tennis programs and coordinating existing and new adult teams for Tencap and USTA. This individual must work diligently to facilitate maximum member satisfaction from these tennis activities, while generating revenue to satisfy established tennis budgetary requirements. Responsible for all aspects of adult and junior programs including but not limited to, development, program content, scheduling, any necessary supplies, staff required for instruction and implementation.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Creates, schedules and promotes existing and new sources of revenue for all Adult leagues, tournaments and other related tennis events.
- Consistently reaches out to adult/junior tennis members regarding options for play, coordination of tennis court usage and the promotion of events and leagues.
- Assists Director of Tennis in developing other coaches while teaching in adult and junior programs for the purpose of quality control; coaches on court in all programs as needed.
- Maintains a high profile to promote member interaction in club-sponsored events leagues, mixers and tournaments.
- Develops and promotes all adult and junior programs, tennis clinics and private lessons and creates cross-marketing events between club departments, when possible.
- Performs new member tennis evaluations.
- Maintains continuing education as necessary to keep with the tennis industry standards Supplies Marketing department with tennis-related requests for inclusion in club announcements, website, social media, etc.
- Works closely with other organizations such as: Tencap, USTA, USPTA/PTR and attends meetings when necessary.
- Timely and responsive communications to all participants, members and via email, telephone and face-to-face interactions.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- High School Diploma with USPTA OR PTR certification required.
- Experience as tennis coordinator/director position in a club environment required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience teaching tennis.