Responsible for the effective administration of this athletic program and team including the recruitment of student athletes, team scheduling and programming, public relations, academic support, and the retention of student athletes. Supervises assistant and student coaches.
- Provide leadership and direction for the Track & Cross-Country Program. Lead all required meetings, events, workshops, competitions, practices, schedules, and assure proper supervision is always provided.
- Organize and administer the recruitment of prospective student-athletes in accordance with University and NAIA policies and procedures. Assure the retention of students is a goal and a priority.
- Recruit, retain, and graduate student-athletes who contribute to the success of the program and vibrancy of campus life.
- Provide oversight of student-athletes academic progress toward degree completion.
- Ensure program is led by encouraging a high level of competitive success.
- Make annual budget proposals for the betterment of the program and University and manage assigned budgets to assure that they remain within approved funding levels. Review and process all contracts, fund requests, program requests, and paperwork applying appropriate University policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Provide leadership and programming which promote campus involvement and community service.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Current/valid Driver’s License.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and motivation skills.
- Ability to think critically and provide options for sound solutions.
- Ability to manage individuals and complex tasks.
- Positive role model for student-athletes, university personnel, alumni, and members of the off- campus community.