The Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach is responsible to oversee the Track & Field and Cross Country program in the best interest of the University, and to adhere to the mission and policies of Corban University, the Cascade Collegiate Conference (CCC) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- Responsible for team building and skill development.
- Maintain expert knowledge of skills and strategies related to the sport.
- Direct strategy and manage players’ involvement during athletic practices or contests.
- Help develop a program to aid student athletes who are having academic difficulties helping to monitor the academic development of student athletes toward graduation.
- Support and promote the mission and vision of Corban University to recruits, current athletes, parents, fans and the community at large in a manner that engenders loyalty and pride.
- Participate in scheduling process for competitive events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept.
- Demonstrated effective recruitment strategies.
- Ability to organize and implement effective game and practice strategies.
- Working knowledge of CCC, NAIA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Playing and coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Knowledge of sports management.
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside of students in a cooperative and collaborative style.