The Head Track & Field and Cross Country Coach is responsible to oversee the Track & Field and Cross Country program in the best interest of the University, and to adhere to the mission and policies of Corban University, the Cascade Collegiate Conference (CCC) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- Responsible for team building and skill development.
- Maintain expert knowledge of skills and strategies related to the sport.
- Direct strategy and manage players’ involvement during athletic practices or contests.
- Help develop a program to aid student athletes who are having academic difficulties helping to monitor the academic development of student athletes toward graduation.
- Support and promote the mission and vision of Corban University to recruits, current athletes, parents, fans and the community at large in a manner that engenders loyalty and pride.
- Participate in scheduling process for competitive events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept.
- Demonstrated effective recruitment strategies.
- Ability to organize and implement effective game and practice strategies.
- Working knowledge of CCC, NAIA and institutional rules and regulations.
- Playing and coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Knowledge of sports management.
Corban University is a private comprehensive university of liberal arts, ministry, and professional studies with a mission to educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. All employees are expected to model servant leadership in all aspects of their work. Corban values and recruits for a workforce that is diverse in gender, age, ethnicity, race, and/or ability, and seeks employees who will interact with the Corban community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency.