- Adhere to paperwork deadlines – eligibility lists, team roster, transportation schedules, inventory sheets, equipment order forms, assistant coaches’ evaluations, and various other paperwork required by the SDoL, LL League, and PIAA.
- Attend yearly PIAA rules interpretation meeting.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all PIAA and NFHS rules for the appropriate sport.
- Attend trainings, clinics, or conferences provided by the athletic director.
- Delegate duties to coaching staff.
- Adhere to attendance, eligibility and discipline policies.
- Collect and inventory equipment.
- Meet with entire coaching staff, including middle school and McCaskey East coaches, a minimum of twice yearly (prior to the season and at the conclusion of the season).
- Provide opportunities for the middle school and McCaskey East coaches to assist in practices at the beginning of the varsity season.
- Demonstrated experience coaching the sport at the JV/Varsity level.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification preferred or have the ability to obtain within two years.
- National coaching certification preferred (ASEP/NFHS/Other Governing Body) preferred or have the ability to obtain within two years.
- A strong understanding of basic fundamentals and movements of the sport.
- A thorough knowledge of current trends, tactics, strategies, and skills of the sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, coaches, parents, faculty members and administrators.
- Experience working with students with diverse backgrounds preferred.
- Availability to organize and implement a year-round training program.
The School District of Lancaster provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.