- Must have experience or a desire to work in a diverse school district.
- Advance knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of MIAA rules.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policy(ies) and procedures.
- Supports the success of all GNBVT sports programs.
- Assists instruction and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in baseball.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, fundraisers, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Supports the Athletic Department’s initiative of character development within our student-athletes.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time manner for themselves and assistant coaches.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Supervises students in locker rooms after practices and at home/away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
The Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, homelessness, immigration or veteran status in its education programs and activities, including admission to or employment in such programs or activities.