This position requires working with assistant coaches, sponsors, student managers and the athletic director in the delivery of services for an effective program. This includes selection and care of equipment, site preparation, practice organization and participant safety. Additionally, to administer a well-organized program that maximizes the strengths of each player, and places the players in situations, which will enhance their chances for success.
- Serves as head basketball coach and supervises assistant coaches.
- Assumes responsibility for the junior varsity basketball program and its coaching staff.
- Cooperates with the principal in the selection, assigning, and evaluation of the basketball coaching staff.
- Fosters good school-community relations with parents, alumni, and fans by keeping the community aware of the progress of the basketball program.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization and scheduling of practices, physicals, insurance, eligibility, and meet all guidelines as prescribed by the NCHSAA and the Pamlico County Board of Education.
- Expresses and exemplifies good sportsmanship and fair play, and instills these values in the players.
- Provides a disciplined and work-oriented environment for assistant coaches and student athletes.
- Cooperates with the administration in the enforcement of rules and regulations.
- Upholds the authority of officials who are assigned to the contests and assists them in every way to conduct fair and impartial competitive contests.
- Conduct off-season workouts in accordance with the NCHSAA policy.
- Conduct summer workouts and conditioning in accordance with the NCHSAA policy.