The head varsity boys and girls swim coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director in accordance with St. Michael the Archangel High School. The head coach must realize and appreciate the need for the Swim program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department. The head coach will support and uphold the St. Michael the Archangel’s mission of Know Truth, Love God and Serve Others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing preferred. but not required.
- All applicants must have a current resume with a fully completed application.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in swim.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensures that all swim coaches work together toward a common goal within the swim program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
- Work with the athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.