Direct and evaluate the learning experiences of students in both curricular and extracurricular activities and is responsible for the supervision of the entire basketball program (varsity, junior varsity, and B-team).
- Work with the athletic director to establish a yearly budget for area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with all Horry County policies concerning athletics.
- Ensure compliance with all South Carolina High School League rules and regulations as well as region rules and regulations.
- Discuss all problems with the athletic director.
- Create an exciting and interesting program that will attract student athletes and increase student body and community spirit.
- Create a program which will monitor grades and behavior of student athletes.
- Work with the athletic director to hire all staff for the basketball program.
- Make sure all facilities in program are safe, clean, and well managed year round.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of successful coaching experience.
- Communicate effectively through both verbal and written communication.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or higher.