The Head Varsity Boys Football Coach is responsible for all coaching-related activities. The coach is responsible for developing and sustaining a successful program with a strong emphasis on skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, and character development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee all aspects of the school’s football program.
- Recruit and train qualified assistant coaches.
- Delegate specific coaching duties to assistant coaches.
- Communicate expectations, plans, and schedules with players and families.
- Monitor the academic progress of all players within the football program.
- Support student-athletes who will continue on playing after high school.
- Make connections with college coaches and recruiters.
- Facilitate the eligibility and recruiting process for players and families.
- Build relationships with players and coaches from feeder middle schools.
- Work with the community outreach team to set up shadow days and school visits for prospective players.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong written and public speaking skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently.
- Strong professional relationship-building skills with the ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds.