ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow and uphold the policies and mission statement of Bishop McNamara High School.
- Plan, organize, develop, promote, and direct the Bishop McNamara High School’s Boys Lacrosse program, including but not limited to monitoring team grades, uniforms, and equipment.
- Manage the Operating Budget accounts and adhere to the financial policies of Bishop McNamara with regards to purchase orders, collection and disbursement of money, expenses and receipts.
- Instruct and demonstrate skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensure that all coaches in the Bishop McNamara Boys Lacrosse program are certified and cleared.
- Ensure that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Plan, organize, advertise, and conduct tryouts for the Boys Lacrosse program; inform the Athletic Department and participants of final selections. Maintain the integrity of the selection process.
- Arrange and schedule bus transportation with the Athletic Department. Ability to drive school van / vehicle to travel to away games. Will travel with student athletes on the team bus both to and from competitions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three to five years of related experience required.
- Ability to organize and supervise a High School Boys Lacrosse varsity program
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport
- Willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport.
Bishop McNamara High School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The essential functions and basic skills have been included. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions and requirements.