- Responsible for program development, lend support to the entire Activities Department and to the philosophy of the department.
- Assist in the evaluation of assistant coaches and submit recommendations in writing. Ultimately responsible for all equipment that is issued, collected and keep an accurate inventory.
- Direct coaches pre-season meetings with parents, athletes and coaches as well as in season staff meetings.
- The coach must determine the system to be used in their sport on a system-wide basis.
- Minnesota Department of Education valid coaching certification or valid certificate from the National Federation Coaches Education Program.
- Head coaching experience preferable and must have sound knowledge and background of the sport they are coaching.
- Must be able to relate to student-athletes in a positive manner and be a good role model.
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.