Reporting to our Director of Athletics, the head boys’ soccer coach will lead a program of varsity, JV, and third boys’ soccer teams. All Hill head coaches will ensure that their programs serve to further promote the values we teach our students in all areas of school life. The integral work and leadership of our head varsity coaches is essential to the success of our athletics teams as well as the fulfillment of the School’s mission to prepare students fully for college, careers, and life.
- Head varsity coaches are responsible for leading every facet of their respective program and must recognize that the commitment to fulfill the responsibilities below will entail a considerable amount of time both during and out of the season.
- Help recruit, develop, and retain coaches in their program.
- Work with the Admission Office to help identify student-athletes who will positively contribute to the School and to their athletics program. Actively work to recruit highly qualified student-athletes from both inside and outside the local community.
- Develop and manage a plan to develop student-athletes in the program.
- Devise daily practice plans.
- Collaborate with the Athletics Office on game scheduling.
- Remain current in the rules and procedures of their sport at the league, state, and national level. Serve on seeding committees and organizations, as appropriate.
- Technical soccer knowledge to successfully coach college-bound players.
- Ability to support the interest of high-level soccer student-athletes in the School’s admission candidate pool.
- A vibrant network to help support the college recruiting process of appropriate Hill soccer players.
- A proven track record of promoting student learning through soccer; at least two years of experience in coaching.
- A demonstrated openness and responsiveness to constructive feedback and a strong commitment to continuous improvement and professional growth.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience working collaboratively in team settings.