To coordinate all aspects of the assigned sport and to work cooperatively with all personnel in maintaining a quality program with the policy framework of the school district.
- Certificate, Endorsement, or other legal credential required.
- Prior Job experience (if necessary or preferred).
- Enforce all rules of the District, conference, state, and national association as they pertain to the respective activity. Adhere to the beliefs, goals, and vision of the school district for coaching and helping students be the best they can be.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the activity involved.
- Obtain completed and signed parental permission form, insurance form (if necessary) and physical examination card (if necessary) prior to beginning practice. Have participants fill out the eligibility form.
- Cooperate with the administration, Activities Director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interest of the entire activity/athletic program.
- Have meetings with assistant coaches to coordinate coaching methods at different levels; assign duties to all assistant coaches and assist the activities director in evaluating the performance of assistant coaches in grades 7-12.
- Conform to the school district’s policy in ordering equipment and supplies for the activity involved.
- Prepare a roster of all team members.