Saint Thomas Academy seeks a dynamic candidate to hire as the Head Varsity Cross Country Coach. This position will be responsible for all aspects of a comprehensive program for grades 6 12.
- Coaching experience at the high school or college level is required.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To demonstrate courtesy and respect for all involved in any athletic event: opponents, fans and officials.
- To encourage leadership, initiative and good judgment by the players on a team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, spiritual, mental, moral, social and emotional well-being of individuals.
- Hires coaches for all levels of the program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages students to participate.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with all stakeholders in the program including, but not limited to, student athletes, families, and coaches.
- Organizes all facets of the Cross Country program.
- Assess skills and assigns team.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Activities in scheduling facilities for practices, events, and performances.
- Coach and instruct students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observe students, during events and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.