To be in charge of the football program grades K-12 to help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, develop an appreciation for the values of discipline, sportsmanship and increase level of self-esteem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the athletic director.
- Develops a vision and set direction for all aspects of the football program
- Coordinates off-season strength and conditioning program coupled closely with physical education strength and conditioning curriculum
- Understands and maintains the standard of the Fennville athletic handbook.
- Organizes, communicates and creates an organized coaching staff.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Is an integral part of the program’s youth and developmental program.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE:
- Valid teaching certificate and a degree program with a major or minor in physical education or equivalent hours and courses in coaching theory preferred.
- Experience in physical education, coaching, first aid, CPR and sports medicine.