The head coach will organize, coordinate, and promote a comprehensive program that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. The head coach will stress the importance of academic achievement. In carrying out these duties, the head coach will demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations, and be a positive role model for all students.
- Complies with the rules and regulations of the Virginia High School League (VHSL) and the regional and division policies;
- Informs students about the program and encourages their participation;
- Communicates to all participants and parents the policies of the team, Osbourn High School and School Board relating to school sponsored activities;
- Works with the Principal to maintain communication and to solve problems at the school level while supporting the ideas of the program/parent concern procedures;
- Provides positive and appropriate communication and correspondence to players and parents;
- Submits forms to Director of Athletics and Activities as required by the VHSL, Manassas City School Board, and Osbourn High School (i.e., eligibility roster, players’ addresses, accident reports, );
- Ensures that adequate supervision is provided for all students involved in the program;
- Provides an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship;
- Plans, organizes, and implements the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules, and proper conditioning.
Education and Experience:
- Holds or is eligible for Virginia Teaching Endorsement preferred.
- 3-5 years coaching experience as head coach preferred.
- 3-5 years of previous coaching experience required.
- Holds or is eligible for First Aid and CPR certification.