A coach is responsible for organizing athletes and teaching them the fundamentals of sport. A coach is responsible for training them to compete as a team and individually.
- Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players throughout tryouts and the season.
- Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, other coaches, and Athletic Director.
- Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practices specific to their coaching arena.
- Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
- Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
- Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Developing the knowledge and understanding of Grand Rapids policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promoting and enforcing the student-athlete code of conduct.
- Connecting athletic experiences with life experiences.
- High School Diploma or GED required* (Attach a copy of your HS Diploma or GED, OR a copy of your unofficial college transcript).
- Must be 18 years of age or older and clear a criminal background check.
- Playing experience at the high school or college level and/or coaching experience required* (Attach a resume highlighting your relevant coaching experience)*.
- Proof of current First Aid and CPR certifications prior to the first day of coaching required* (Attach a copy of certifications).