This job assignment instructs student athletes in a specific sports activity and provides leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
Education and Experience:
- Valid Illinois Driver's License;
- Successful completion of a Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance;
- Successful completion of Bloodborne Pathogens Training/Hepatitis B Shots Series Training;
- Current teacher certification or substitute certification in the State of Illinois, or complete the American Sports Education Program (ASEP) coaching certification set forth by the Illinois High School Association (IHSA);
- May be required to obtain First Aid/CPR Certification;
- Preferred: 5 or more years of high school football coaching experience;
- Preferred: Previous head coach experience.
- Assists the Athletic Director, when necessary, in scheduling contests and transportation where applicable;
- Assumes primary responsibility for field or court preparation;
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for successful performance;
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students;
- Ensures appropriate dress at practices and events;
- Ensures practice and repetition of fundamentals;
- Ensures proper care of equipment;
- Ensures proper organization of practices and drills.