To provide leadership in helping each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem. To instruct student athletes in a specific sports activity.
- Expressed interest in athletics.
- Experience in coaching.
- Physical ability to perform essential functions.
- Available to work during assigned hours.
- Understanding of and agreement with the District's goals of an athletic program.
- Knowledge of coaching techniques and human behavior.
- Possess knowledge of the State, Federal and School Board Policies and Regulations regarding student conduct and appropriate disciplinary action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for successful performance.
- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season in accordance with district policy and AIA regulations.
- Manage athlete behavior during training sessions and during meets or events.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and
- Assist the athletic director, when necessary, in scheduling interscholastic contests where applicable.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintain complete and accurate records as required (i.e. attendance forms, insurance records, file accident reports, etc.) competition in his/her sport.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility/area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times, especially, when students are present.