- Instructs athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedules and conducts practices according to agreed-upon schedules.
- Supervises athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete leaves, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervises athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promotes the entire Norwalk Athletics program.
- Sets an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Fosters among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle to student athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and coworkers.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.