To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Physical Examination as required by the district.
- Iowa coaching Endorsement required for position.
- Background in related coaching area.
- Health certificate on file.
- Child abuse certificate on file.
- Certification, experience, other qualifications as determined by the principal and superintendent.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms, as appropriate.
- Maintains necessary attendance forms, insurance records, and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his sport.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.