ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes, administers and coaches the team and enforces all rules of the Athletic Department, League of Affiliation and OHSAA.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, athletic director and coaches to carry out the athletic program.
- Coordinates coaching methods and assigned duties with the assistant coaches.
- Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet and use of apparatus and equipment to achieve proficiency in activity.
- Assists the athletic director with evaluating the performance of assistant coaches in grades seven through twelve.
- Assesses player's skills, assigns team positions and coaches individual participants and teams in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling interscholastic contests and plans and develops a regular program of practice in season.
- Training and Experience Preferred.
- Completion of Sports Medicine Program and CPR certification required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents or employees of the district.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, agencies, teachers or members of the school community.