The Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach at Trinity Preparatory School is responsible for planning and directing the conditioning, training, and performance of our student athletes, for our Varsity Lacrosse program. This head coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of Trinity Preparatory School and the Florida High School Athletic Association. This position directs a staff of Assistant Coaches (paid and volunteer) leading the team and its performance. The head coach is responsible for supervising the Varsity Lacrosse program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet bi-weekly with the Assistant Athletic Director and/or Athletic Director.
- Generates a schedule with the supervisor for all teams in the program.
- Lead coaches in the overall planning and execution of the Varsity Lacrosse program.
- Serve as a role-model to develop sportsmanship, respect for the water, and in life.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled practices with emphasis on development and implement game strategy.
- Observe and guide the discipline and conduct of student athletes to reinforce our core values, specifically our belief in the educational excellence of the athletics program.
- Assist student athletes, their families, and our College Counseling office with potential college recruitment activities under the supervision of the Athletic Department.
- Interact regularly with student athletes to maintain a safe learning environment both social-emotionally and physically.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.
- Articulates an authentic commitment to diversity and holds others accountable for the same.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, and supports differences.
- Understanding of the rules and regulations governing the sport.
- Proven knowledge, skills, and strategies for the sport.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop student athletes in and out of the pool.
- Focus on playing fair and adhering to the organization’s code of conduct.
- Facilitating dispute resolution within the team structure to improve teamwork.