A position which requires a person to utilize knowledge of the game, the ability of participants, and such strategy and techniques as needed to develop a competitive team. The Head Girls Varsity Tennis Coach is tasked with developing a competitive team in the SWCL and MIAA Division 4. Head Coach develops individual skills, teaches strategy and creates an excitement for playing the sport. The ideal coach will be a great communicator, provide positive feedback and encourage growth.
- Works under the general supervision of the Principal and Athletic Director.
- Develops a spirit of competitiveness, sportsmanship, and team and school loyalty in all participants.
- Instructs students verbally and as necessary in writing, on proper techniques and procedures.
- Provides guided practice of sufficient quality and duration to achieve team goals. This position involves light to medium physical activity on a regular basis.
- Ensures the physical well being of all participants by enforcing safety rules and procedures and universal precautions.
- No experience required.
- High School/Trade School degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.