- ACPS staff preferred.
- Knowledge and background in assigned sport.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Instructs participants on personal hygiene and safety procedures and in the need to report injuries to the coach and /or trainer immediately.
- Informs students of the insurance program available through the Alexandria City Public Schools.
- Provides all students involved in the program a safe environment through adequate supervision.
- Compiles and maintains accurate individual and team performance records.
- Issues, collects, inventories, and stores equipment and provides accurate records of equipment to the assistant to the Director of Athletic/Director of Student Activities.
- Conveys the policies of the team, local school and ACPS (e.g. regulation on Student Responsibilities and Rights and Extra Curricular Activities) to all participants.