This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the rules, regulations, and policies of the MHSAA and University Prep Schools Network.
- Promotes and practices positive sportsmanship.
- Is prompt and accurate in submitting all required reports.
- Continues to grow professionally.
- Develops a good rapport with parents, patrons, news media, radio and television personnel, assistants, teachers and administrators.
- Works with other staff to assist athletes in maintaining eligibility.
- Is responsible for the conduct and well-being of players and assigns proper supervision of Players.
- Is accountable for all expense funds and fundraising dollars.
- Supervises assistants and assigns duties to them.
- Conducts regular meetings with coaching staff.
- High School diploma.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community..
- Working with district/state/federal laws and regulations relating to child welfare and attendance.
- Prior Successful Coaching Experience required.
- Prior Successful High School Head Coaching Experience preferred.
- Previous successful experience in fundraising preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all audiences.
- Evidence of strong leadership ability.