Presentation High School in San Jose, California is seeking a Head Varsity Softball Coach, for the season beginning January 30, 2023 and ending May 27, 2023. This position will be responsible for running the Softball Program at Presentation, which consists of the varsity and junior varsity level teams.
- Schedule games, scrimmages and practices for entire softball program.
- Teach and enhance fundamental skills and techniques, as well as advanced techniques in the sport.
- Attend all team practices and games (Mon-Fri afternoons. Some Saturday commitments.)
- Coordinate management of on-site events for all levels with the Athletic Department.
- Attend Athletic meetings as required, including Coaches meetings and season parent meetings.
- Participate in all regional and sectional playoffs to which team is entitled.
- Report all game results to Athletic Department.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate behavior on the part of athletes at practices, games and in transit to and from events.
- Experience playing competitive baseball/softball.
- Experience teaching softball skills and strategies that apply to the skill level of the players preferred.
- Professional dedication to athletic development and expertise in coaching.
- Knowledge of appropriate safety measures to ensure the well-being of players.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- CIF - Fundamentals of Coaching Certification required.
- Proven ability to exemplify the highest standard of leadership, sportsmanship and respect.
- Good role model and demonstrated strong ethics.
- A commitment to the educational philosophy of Presentation High School.