- Possess knowledge of the sport with a preference for those who have a playing background in the sport. Prefer previous experience either through experience as an athletic director, sports management specialist, or college preparation.
- Must obtain CPR, ADE, and Pupil Activity Certification.
- Must be willing to work long hours (evenings, weekends, and during school year
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
students, staff, and the community.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in oral and written form.
- Possess the ability to serve in a supervisory capacity.
- Possess the ability to make individual decisions based on established policies and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The athletic season will be in accordance with the Ohio High School Athletic Association guidelines.
- Coach individual participants in skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Be responsible for all matters related to the organization and administration of the coaching of the team.
- Be responsible for the enforcement of all rules of the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- Assign duties to all assistant coaches.
- Evaluate the performance of the assistant coach.