- Organize and plan practices, communicate practice times to parents.
- Communicate expectations to parents and players.
- Prepare practices plans (in advance of practice) including which coach is in charge of a skill/station, equipment required, rough estimate of length of drill/stations. Share plans with assistant coaches prior to practice.
- Ensure there are always two coaches at the field. Attend all practices and games to the best of your ability.
- Arrange for practices/game coverage if you are unable to attend.
- Start and end practices on time. You and other designated coach are always the last to leave the field.
- In-depth knowledge and advanced strategies of applicable sport.
- Knowledge of VHSL rules.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and develop players in a positive way.
- Desire to teach and improve skill development. Must pass criminal record check.
- Previous experience as a player and/or coaching at the high school level.
Hanover County Public Schools assures Equal Employment Opportunities and equal education opportunities for employees and students as required by Federal and State Orders and Laws.