A position which requires a person to utilize knowledge of the game, the ability of participants, and such strategy and techniques as needed to develop a competitive team. The Head Girls Varsity Softball Coach is tasked with developing a competitive team in the SWCL and MIAA Division 4. Head Coach develops individual skills, teaches strategy and creates an excitement for playing the sport. The ideal coach will be a great communicator, provide positive feedback and encourage growth. The Varsity Coach will work with the JV Coach to build a softball program and help prepare JV participants for Varsity.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Evaluates student athlete’s ability and knowledge, and develops these through verbal instruction and guided demonstration.
- Evaluates equipment and facilities and requests such alternatives as are
necessary for the physical well being of the players.
- Develops lessons that provide the opportunity for players to learn and practice appropriate techniques.
- Works cooperatively with assistant(s), supervisor and others.
- Communicates verbally with parents and guardians as needed.
- No experience required.
- High School/Trade School degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.