Lakeside School, an independent 5-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle is currently recruiting for a Head Varsity Co-ed Tennis Coach. The season begins February 26, 2024 and concludes at the latest on Saturday, May 25, 2024. A required preseason coaches meeting will be held on February 12, 3:30-7:30 pm.
- Compliance with all Lakeside School, Metro League, and WIAA policies and procedures.
- Commitment to providing supports, messaging, actions, and opportunities to a diverse student body who come to school with different and evolving lived experiences and levels of preparation as athletes.
- Supervision and instruction of student-athletes during team activities.
- Maintenance and inventory of team equipment and apparel.
- Oversight of JV coaches and JV practice plans.
- Attendance at required program and interscholastic athletics program meetings.
- Support of multi-sport participation for student-athletes.
- At least 25 years of age with a clean driving record.
- Be available for all practices and competitions from 3pm daily during their coaching season with availability on weekends as required.
- Experience coaching tennis teams at the club, high school or college level is required.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness, including knowledge of themselves and the cultural lenses they bring to interactions. Candidates will understand different perspectives, interact respectfully with cultures other than their own, and cultivate meaningful relationships with people who have different cultural frameworks.
- Possess or obtain prior to the start of the season current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Satisfactorily complete at least two criminal background checks.